Writing The Wrongs

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I could kill


Some people piss me off. Ignorant of the fact, that they are ruining my day.
It's like having someone poke you with a stick in the.. anywhere really, as getting poked with a stick is freakin annoying either way, and I'm unable to do anything about it as I'm bound to the one doing the poking in a situation where neither can leave.

The one doing the poking, whom I will henceforth refer to as the gimp, is one of those persons who thinks highly enough of themselves to interrupt others mid-sentence, thinking their addition to the conversation is notably better than whatever the rest of the sentence would be. They are however, not the kind of people where that actually would be the fact. The self-overrated addition they shove in there is nothing more than a sheer annoyance for most others taking part of the conversation, as it most often either is a form of repeating what was already stated or simply irrelevant. It is however not frowned upon by many others as they're all in the same situation as me; unable to leave.

The gimp is revealed once it fails to understand a given situation and it's role in that situation. This will most often occur in a way similar to what I explained earlier, where someone is either broken off mid-sentence or where a comment or an act is made with zero relevance to the situation.

Once revealed, the gimp goes about it's business, continuously failing, either it is at delivering a joke, a punchline, a burn or even a simple comment. The entirety of the gimps existence is practically equivalent to the definition of annoyance.
1. The act of annoying or the state of being annoyed.
2. A cause of irritation or vexation; a nuisance.
I find it the 2nd point is especially fitting, as it quite accurately describes how I experience the gimp. Yet it doesn't point out exactly why it's irritating. I figure I have a certain standard for people. And when people prove to be less than they in my opinion should be, then I find it they've simply failed to evolve, and thus fail to amaze.

You won't get on my bad side unless you annoy me, but neither will you get on my good side unless you amaze me, it's as easy as that.

No comments: