Writing The Wrongs

Thursday, August 12, 2010

When things aint going your way, Coke will save your day!



Waking up, I was already pissed off from the night before, having been overwhelmed with negativity towards today, by a certain someone, as well as losing all my contacts on my phone, plus there being a bad weather forecast for today. I didn't feel like doing anything. I just sat in my room, doing nothing, nothing at all, for about half an hour. Then I decided I wasn't going to let my day get ruined by somewhat of a social handicap and some rain. After all, I did have ways of contacting those I was going to be with in the not so distant future, and one can always put on a poncho to show the rain who's baws.




Friends should be one's antidote for everything blue in the world. For me, they damn near are, and when they are not, I look elsewhere. Today they were, most likely because I allowed them to and absolutely wanted them to. I walked out the door hoping for a fresh opinion of today, and found a refreshing attitude in my best friend as we met on the train. He and I both know that knowing how to cheer oneself up is the key to cheering other people up, as good mood is very contagious! And having a very good meal with the best of friends is definitely at the very top of my cheering-oneself-up-list. And so we ate. And so there was light. That's right, the sky cleared; the rain finally admitted defeat by the not so very awe-inspiring ponchos. Win.

No comments: